Denver Fraud Defense Lawyers
Fraud is the unlawful act of intentionally deceiving one or more parties with the intent of gaining money or some other asset; it is a very complicated area of white collar crimes as it can manifest in a number of ways, anyone of which can require lengthy investigations into bank records, computer records, etc. From check fraud to Internet and computer fraud, fraud can result in either misdemeanor or felony charges, depending on:
- The value of the asset or amount of money allegedly stolen.
- The number of people allegedly victimized by the crime.
- Whether the accused has a criminal record, particularly if prior fraud convictions exist.
- Whether the accused held a position of trust in the community.
At the Adams Law Firm, our Denver fraud defense attorneys are highly experienced in handling various matters of fraud, including those associated with:
- Bank fraud
- Credit card fraud
- Health care fraud
- Insurance fraud
- Intellectual property fraud
- Mail fraud
- Prescription fraud
- Real estate or mortgage fraud
Denver Fraud Defense Attorneys Can Help You
While our esteemed legal professionals are skilled at aggressively litigating against various types of fraud charges in the courtroom, we are also adept and diligent when it comes to:
- Reviewing police reports and procedures to see if any violations of the search and seizure laws were violated and/or whether law enforcement officials followed necessary legal procedures for arresting the accused and conducting the investigation
- Working to get evidence against the accused, including that which was obtained illegally, thrown out of court
- Securing expert witnesses, such as financial or computer forensic analysts, to testify on behalf of the defense
- Working with the accused to prepare him to testify on his behalf in court (if he chooses to do so); our Denver fraud defense lawyers can help defendants be ready for possible “curve-ball” questions prosecutors may ask about the weaknesses of the defense case
- Doing what it takes to get the charges against our Clients reduced or dropped altogether, when possible
- Helping our Clients resolve their cases as beneficially as possible so they can focus on moving on with their lives.
If you or a loved one has been charged with any white collar crime, make sure you have the strongest possible defense, and contact our Denver fraud defense attorneys by emailing us or calling us at (720) 333-9490.